- Senior Water Resources Engineer
- Expression of Interest
Senior Water Resources Engineer
Catchment Simulation Solutions (http://csse.com.au) is currently looking for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our growing team.
The role will assist in a range of government funded hydrological projects primarily focused on improving environmental outcomes in the Murray Darling Basin. This will include a mix of both hydraulic modelling as well as river system modelling. Some of our current projects include:
- Projects investigating the removal of physical works to improve environmental watering of large, nationally significant wetlands across multiple valleys.
- Ongoing peer review of flood studies prepared as part of rural flood work applications.
- Development of hydrological models for use in water sharing plans and testing options for improving environmental outcomes.
- Undertaking a range of eco-hydrology projects linking hydrological habitat to potential ecological health.
Please reach out if you had any questions regarding the projects you will be working on, two great examples were recently presented at the 2021 Floodplain Management Australia conference, you can watch the videos here:
- Molonglo Green and Golden Bell Frog: https://youtu.be/A86phn35gWM
- Lake Gorrie Restoration: https://youtu.be/s4FG1H85oUk
We are seeking a senior water resources engineer with experience in hydraulic and hydrological modelling. Depending on your interests, the role can include project and client management.
Many of our projects are “outside the box” and require new methods and approaches and so we are seeking someone who enjoys being challenged. Ideally you will be self-motivated and work relatively independently however support from other senior staff is always available.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science
- Experience in any hydraulic or river system modelling packages (e.g. TUFLOW, MIKE, Source, IQQM)
- Experience in GIS packages
- Good written skills including the ability to prepare reports largely independently
What We Offer
CSS is a small company with opportunities for growth and an excellent work life balance. We want everyone at CSS to have a sustainable work life balance and we are flexible on what that looks like for each staff member. You will have access to great mentorship from industry leaders and we have a relaxed and inclusive team culture.
You will be given every opportunity to shine through your work including spearheading client liaison for your projects and presentations at industry conferences. An attractive remuneration package will be offered aligned with your skills and experience.
Apply Now or Get More Information
Written applications should be submitted via the Expression of Interest tab. For queries, contact Tim Morrison on (02) 8355 5500 or 0421 775 175.